Sunday, February 14, 2010

DIY Dry Erase Calendar

So I have been looking at a Dry Erase Calendar at Hobby Lobby for months. I went last night to finally get it because it was 50% off, and guess what! They didn't have it anymore. Well, when I don't get what I want, when I want it...my brain begins to work! I thought how you can write on glass with dry erase pens, and how I could make my own dry erase calendar. So, since my husband had to work this morning, I took off to Wal-Mart to get the supplies to make the dry erase calendar! Here are the supplies I bought...










So, I started by measuring the glass horizontally and divided that by 7 (7 days in the week), measured it out and took a ruler with the paint pen and made my lines. I then measured vertically and kind of eyeballed the lines for that way. Took my paint pen again and made my lines. After making sure the paint from the pen was dry, I flipped the glass over so the paint would be on the inside of the frame, that way from excessive cleaning and wiping of the board, I wouldn't eventually rub off the lines. (Yup, I am pretty genius!) So, I went down to all my scrapbooking materials and found some sticker letters, stuck those on for the dates, filled in the calendar for the month of February...and wha la!! I got a calendar!!!! Here is te finished product...



It has imperfections, but I never claimed to be perfect. Plus, the imperfections make it MY work...not something I would have bought! Now, go grab your supplies and get organized with this AMAZING calendar!

No comments:

Post a Comment